Post entry

G5 Entertainment CEO-interview 1, 2012

Please note: Community posts are written by its members and not by Redeye’s research department. As a reader you’re always encouraged to critically analyze the content.

G5 Entertainment fortsätter att imponera. Företagets VD har varit ute på några presentationer i början av året och i fredags fick G5 ett antal medaljer på Best App Awards of 2011. Vidare klargjorde man förra veckan att man ska släppa 180 st appar i år jämfört med knappt 80 förra året alltså en ökning med ca 150%. Det kassajusterade pe-talet för 2012 ligger nu på 9,5 vid en kurs på 33kr och vid en förväntad vpa på 3,2 och kassa på 20 msek. Jag tyckte det var dags för en ny intervju med en väldigt upptagen VD. Tack till alla er som bidragit med frågor och håll till godo.

1. Why did you not translate the new games, The Magicians handbook and letters from nowhere, to mandarin, is this a one timer? VD This is temporary. Our intention is to release all games with the support for Asian languages, and also provide updates with Asian languages support to all previously released games. Min kommentar: Jag är övertygad att den här potentiella flaskhalsen är löst snart och att G5 valt att hålla en mycket högre takt av spelsläpp istället för att vänta på att översättningarna är klara. Tidigare har man inte översatta alla spel vilket verkar vara tanken nu, vilket är bra.

2. On your web site you state that you will be releasing a game from Frogware. Can you tell us a little bit more about this cooperation and if you are negotiating with other studios to take their games to the Smartphone and the tablet computer market? VD: We are constantly in contact with many studios about bringing their games to iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire. We have contracts with over 30 studios, and we are adding more games to our portfolio every month. Follow the news to learn more about new game releases. Min kommentar: Frogware har licens på Sherlock Holmes spel, vilka jag tror kommer att sälja mycket bra på G5s marknad. Mycket positivt att G5 kontinuerligt skriver nya avtal

3. You have gone from 10000 Facebook fans to more than 50000 in just 2 months. Can you tell us how this has affected your sales or how it will affect your marketing and sales in the future? VD: We believe it's important to build long-term relationship with our audience. We are forming a community of loyal and repeat buyers and as you can see it is growing very quickly.

4. The new tablet, Kindle fire by Amazon seems to be a big success in the US and soon it will be launched in Europe. There is also rumors that Google will launch a competitive product in march/april in this low price range of 200$ (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2082611/Google-tablet-release-date-March-April-rival-Amazon-Kindle-Fire-iPad.html.)? Concerning the price range it seems to me that this opens up a broader market. Can you tell us anything about your sales at the Amazon app store and what your expectations are for the year? For example how many % of your total sales will kindle fire games stand for in 2012? VD: I can only say that Kindle Fire is a very good business for G5 already. We are not disclosing platform breakdown so far as we don't want to educate our competitors_. Min kommentar: Mycket positivt att G5 redan nu tycker att Amazons platta genererar ”good business”._

5. Can you tell us your thought about the Smartphone and the tablet computer market in 2012? How big do you think the growth will be? VD: This is a good question for market analysts. And I have used some of their conclusions in the presentation on Jan 11th in Stockholm, you can download PDF here: Investor presentation in Stockholm (PDF). In brief, the growth will continue. And when it comes to the market for apps, the pace of growth is going to increase.

6. Do you have any target of how many freemium games you will release this year? VD: There will be at least several of these games. With these games, the quantity is not as important as quality and providing service. Min kommentar: Freemiumspelen genererar högre intäkter per spel och än så länge har G5 bara släppt ett, Virtual City Playground.

7. Are there any plans to focus on G+ or any other social medias (Googles Facebook competitor)? VD: We are going to where the puck is going, not to where it is. We need to look ahead. Facebook is a place dominated by a handful of companies. Mobile is going to be bigger than desktop and there is no dominant company in this field. This is where the most interesting things are going to happen in the next few years. This is where the opportunity is for G5.

8. Is there a sequel to SED in the pipeline? VD: Follow our news for the announcements about new games. If we own a successful franchise, we are definitely looking into developing it further. Min kommentar: G5 har köpt rättigheterna till SED som bl.a. låg etta på iphonelistan I UK förra året. En uppföljare kan bli mycket populär.

Med tanke på hur pass ung marknaden för smartphones och läsplattor är så tror jag att vi kommer att se höga tillväxtsiffror många år framöver. Marknaden i år kommer att breddas betydligt i och med att det kommer ut billigare läsplattor från Amazon och kanske även Google. G5s organisation, strategi och låga utvecklingskostnader passar utmärkt på en sådan här marknad då de på ett billigt sätt kan konvertera nya och gamla spel till nya plattformar. På dagens värdering med en förväntad vpa på 3,2kr finns inte en försäljning på kartan. Jag tror vi kommer att få se prognosuppgraderingar från G5 även i år:) .

Lycka till!

0 comments

You need to to read and post comments.

Does this article violate Redeye’s Rules & Guidelines?